How to Run
Get involved with your CSA by running in the Winter 2023 General Election!
Are you interested in running for an Executive or Director position on the CSA Board of Directors, but not sure how to get started?
Email the Chief Returning Officer (CRO) at firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate which Executive position or College you would like to represent.
When the Nomination Period opens for the Winter 2023 General Election, the CRO will send you a nominations and candidates package. The process includes the following:
- Signing the Nominee Declaration Form
- Securing the minimum number of Nominator signatures (25 for directors and 50 for executives) supporting your candidacy using a prescribed Microsoft Form
- Signing the Candidate Commitment Form
- Completing the Declaration of Extra-Curricular Activity
- Providing a brief statement (maximum 150 words) about yourself and your reasons for seeking election
- Providing an election promotion photo of yourself to be used on the CSA elections promotions
For more information on the Winter 2023 General Election, click here.
Signatures are required at various stages in your nomination plackage.
Signatures are gathered from your nominators using a Microsoft Form that is provided by the Cheif Returning Officer (CRO) when you request your package.
Candidate signatures are required in several of the documents you submit with your nomination package. You must use the Adobe Reader app to sign these documents in the fillable pdfs - do not sign the pdfs in your browser!
Check out this video on How to Sign a pdf Using Adobe Reader (video) (you mist be signed into your UoG account in order to access the video).
- Download Adobe Reader (for free!)
- Open your browser and sign into your UoG student account.
- Follow the steps in the video above.
Questions? Email the Chief Returning Officer (CRO): email@example.com.
Thank you for representing your college and helping to make the CSA Election a success! Good luck!