Winter 2021: General Election
Official Winter 2021 General Election Results
The CSA Board of Directors ratified the 2021 Winter General Election results at their meeting on Wednesday, February 24, 2021.
In order to calculate quorum, the CSA Elections Office referenced the total number of surveys completed with the number of Undergraduate students. Please note, declined votes included students who either selected 'decline' on a ballot or did not indicate their preference on a ballot, but had submitted their survey.
The following Candidates were elected:
- President: Nicole Walker
- VP Student Experience: Sara Kuwatly
- VP Academic: Lisa Kazuhara
- VP External: Shilik Hamad
- COA Director at Large: Bella Harris
- CBS Directors at Large: Leilani Rocha & Maya Persram
- LANG Directors at Large: Leila Stevens & Joshua Vito
- CSAHS Directors at Large: Laura Wilson & Alyssa Ahmed
Quorum Not Met: 11.18%
Required Quorum: 20%
2317 ballots submitted.
The referendum was concerned with student health plan.
- Yes – 1223
- No – 722
- Decline – 372
Quorum Met: 11.18%
Required Quorum: 10%
2317 ballots submitted.
2073 votes were cast.
The candidates for the position of President were Alex Charette and Nicole Walker.
- Alex Charette – 729
- Nicole Walker – 945
- Decline – 626
VP Student Experience
The candidate for the position of VP Student Experience was Sara Kuwatly.
- Yes – 1604
- No – 103
- Decline – 610
The candidate for the position of VP Academic was Lisa Kazuhara.
- Yes – 1591
- No – 96
- Decline – 630
The candidate for the position of VP External was Shilik Hamad.
- Yes – 1524
- No – 137
- Decline – 658
Directors (At-Large Elected College Representatives)
Required quorum for Directors: 10% of the general membership of the applicable constituency.
College of Arts
Quorum Met: 10.4%
The candidate for College of Arts Director at Large was Bella Harris.
- Bella Harris – 130
- Decline – 46
College of Biological Sciences
Quorum Met: 13.5%
The candidates for the College of Biological Sciences Directors at Large were Leilani Rocha and Maya Persram.
- Leilani Rocha – 362
- Maya Persram – 310
- Decline – 133
Lang Business School
Quorum Met: 10.08%
The candidates for the Lang Business School were Leila Stevens and Joshua Vito.
- Leila Stevens – 226
- Joshua Vito – 202
- Decline – 58
College of Social and Applied Human Sciences
Quorum Met: 10.44%
The candidates for the College of Social and Applied Human Sciences were Laura Wilson, Ariel Oleynikov, and Alyssa Ahmed.
- Laura Wilson – 175
- Ariel Oleynikov – 174
- Alyssa Ahmed – 267
- Decline – 113
- Nominations Period: January 25 to 29
- Campaign Period: February 1 to 11 - Get to know your candidates!
- Voting Period: February 8 to 17 - extended!
- Unofficial Results: February 12
- Ratification of Elected Candidates: February 24 at CSA Board Meeting
- Health Plan Referendum Question (PDF)
- Health Plan Referendum: What to Know (news post)