Education For All
The COVID-19 pandemic has exacerbated students’ financial hardships caused by high tuition fees and mounting student debt. The Education For All campaign seeks to build a better understanding of how post-secondary education is funded and highlight the ways in which chronic government under-funding has harmed the quality, accessibility and affordability of education through program cuts, increased precarious work, the privatization of campus resources and an increasing reliance on tuition fees as a source of revenue, mainly from international students.
- Ontario Demands:
- Immediately reduce tuition fees for the 2020/2021 academic year.
- Provide more grants, not loans.
- Increase public funding to gradually eliminate tuition fees for all students.
- Federal Demands:
- The progressive reduction and elimination of tuition fees for all students within a new tuition fee framework.
- The conversion of student loans into non- repayable grants.
- The removal of interest on outstanding student loans and an end to the chargers on future loans.
- Interested in mobilizing for better education quality, accessibility, and affordability? Contact your VP External at firstname.lastname@example.org.