Fairness for International Students
International students participate in post-secondary education in the same ways as domestic students, but face more precarious learning conditions. Institutions routinely set international student tuition fees at levels three to five times higher than domestic students.
On April 22nd 2020, the Board of Governors at the University of Guelph increased international undergraduate tuition fees anywhere from 10 to 15 percent depending on the program of study, and increased international graduate tuition fees anywhere from 5 to 37 percent depending on the program of study. These increases come at a time of a global pandemic where most international students are finding themselves in financially precarious situations.
→ For more details, click here to read the CSA and ISO's joint statement.
- Immediate reversal of the 2020 / 2021 international tuition fee increases.
- Regulation of international student tuition fees.
- Tuition freeze for international students.
- Greater financial supports, bursaries, grants and scholarships for international students.
- Reintegration of international students in the OHIP.
- Advocate for international student rights to be on par with domestic student rights in Ontario.
- Click here to submit a letter in support of international students and demand a fee increase reversal now.
- Click here to browse more tuition & financial focused campaigns.
- Interested in mobilizing against tuition fee increases and advocating for Fairness for International Students? Contact your CSA VP External, at email@example.com.