Happy Pride! Local Queer Resources & Organizations
Happy Pride, Gryphons! We've compiled a list of on campus & local LGBTQIA+ resources and organizations for you below.
Have a favourite organization, resources, or activist you'd like to call attention to? Tag them on our Instagram post!
Resources and Organizations
- ARCH Guelph: Provides programs, services, education and support to people living with, affected by, and at a greater chance of being transmitted, HIV and AIDS.
- Out on the Shelf: Guelph's only volunteer-run LGBTQ2+ resource library offering a friendly space with books, movies, resources, programming, events, and community.
- Guelph Pride: Celebrates diversity, education, and visibility within the 2SLGBTQI+ communities and beyond.
- U of G Sexual & Gender Diversity Advisor: Jarred Sanchez-Cacnio (firstname.lastname@example.org) provides one-on-one confidential advising relating to academic or financial concerns, housing, or personal matters including topics related to sexual orientation and gender identity.
- Guelph Queer Equality: Guelph Queer Equality is a special status group for queer and trans students, run by queer and trans students.
- OUTLine: U of G resource & support service specializing in questions and information relating to sexual orientation and gender identity. Resources include events, articles, and online chat.
- That Gay Garden: A community farm/living space in the making centering and prioritizing Indigenous, Black, trans and queer people with disabilities.
- GRCGED: A feminist group & community space dedicated to fighting oppression and promoting diversity through education, advocacy, activism, resource provision, skill-building, outreach and community-building on campus and in the region.