SafeWalk is a student-run volunteer organization that provides a safe and reliable escort after dark for any person on the University of Guelph campus and helps maintain the safety of the University community.
Created in 1991, the University of Guelph SafeWalk program has proven to be a useful and beneficial program to the University of Guelph community. The University of Guelph SafeWalk team is a CSA service dedicated to providing students, staff, faculty and visitors on campus with a safe and reliable accompaniment to their destinations after dark, and helping to maintain the safety of the University community. SafeWalk volunteers contribute positively to their University community while having the chance to develop their life skills and meet new people. Social team events and skills development sessions are offered to all SafeWalk volunteers.
- Non-emergency: 519 824 4120 x52245
- Emergency: 519 840 5000 or x52000
Contact & Office Hours
The CSA SafeWalk Office is located in UC245
Feel free to stop by during our office hours, or give us a call at 519 824 4120 x54845
SafeWalk Program Coordinator: Bronte (Bea) Detenbeck
Available via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Hours: Wednesdays, 9:30am - 11:30am
Thursdays, 2:30pm - 4:30pm
Fridays, 9am - 1pm
SafeWalk Volunteer & PR Coordinator: Max Mancuso
Available via email at email@example.com
Office Hours: Mondays, 2:00pm - 6:00pm
Wednesdays, 1:00pm - 5:00pm
All our members share the same values:
- Reliability: We are conscientious, professional, responsible and dependable in dealing with each other and our community.
- Integrity: We are truthful and open in our interaction with each other and the public. We are honourable, trustworthy and strive to do what is right.
- Respect: We treat everyone in an impartial, equitable, sensitive and ethical manner because we value ourselves, each other and members of our communities; showing understanding and appreciation for our similarities and differences.