Service Interruption —
All SafeWalk services are currently suspended until further notice and will not be operating for the Fall 2020 semester; we apologize for any inconvenience.
If you require non-emergency assistance on campus, please contact the Campus Community Police at 519-824-4120 x52245. For all SafeWalk inquiries, contact email@example.com.
SafeWalk is a student-run volunteer organization that provides a safe and reliable escort after dark for any person on the University of Guelph campus and helps maintain the safety of the University community.
Created in 1991, the University of Guelph SafeWalk program has proven to be a useful and beneficial program to the University of Guelph community. The University of Guelph SafeWalk team is a CSA service dedicated to providing students, staff, faculty and visitors on campus with a safe and reliable accompaniment to their destinations after dark, and helping to maintain the safety of the University community. SafeWalk volunteers contribute positively to their University community while having the chance to develop their life skills and meet new people. Social team events and skills development sessions are offered to all SafeWalk volunteers.
Hours of Operation
The SafeWalk office is currently closed until further notice. Please refer any inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Walks Cancelled: Due to the nature of our service, we feel it is in the best interest and safety of our students and those on campus for SW to cancel all shifts until further notice. If you require assistance, please contact Guelph Campus Police:
- Non-emergency: 519 824 4120 x52245
- Emergency: 519 840 5000 or x52000
All our members share the same values:
- Reliability: We are conscientious, professional, responsible and dependable in dealing with each other and our community.
- Integrity: We are truthful and open in our interaction with each other and the public. We are honourable, trustworthy and strive to do what is right.
- Respect: We treat everyone in an impartial, equitable, sensitive and ethical manner because we value ourselves, each other and members of our communities; showing understanding and appreciation for our similarities and differences.