SafeWalk is a student-run volunteer organization that provides a safe and reliable escort after dark for any person on the University of Guelph campus and helps maintain the safety of the University community.
Created in 1991, the University of Guelph SafeWalk program has proven to be a useful and beneficial program to the University of Guelph community. The University of Guelph SafeWalk team is a CSA service dedicated to providing students, staff, faculty and visitors on campus with a safe and reliable accompaniment to their destinations after dark, and helping to maintain the safety of the University community. SafeWalk volunteers contribute positively to their University community while having the chance to develop their life skills and meet new people. Social team events and skills development sessions are offered to all SafeWalk volunteers.
- Non-emergency: 519 824 4120 x52245
- Emergency: 519 840 5000 or x52000
Contact & Office Hours
The SafeWalk service operates Monday to Friday from 8:00pm – 1:00am.
For more information, please email the coordinator at their email address below.
SafeWalk Volunteer & PR Coordinator: Avneet Grewal
Available via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mondays 9:00am - 10:30am and 1:30pm - 4:30pm
- Tuesdays 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Fridays 9:00am - 10:30am
All our members share the same values:
- Reliability: We are conscientious, professional, responsible and dependable in dealing with each other and our community.
- Integrity: We are truthful and open in our interaction with each other and the public. We are honourable, trustworthy and strive to do what is right.
- Respect: We treat everyone in an impartial, equitable, sensitive and ethical manner because we value ourselves, each other and members of our communities; showing understanding and appreciation for our similarities and differences.