SafeWalk is a student-run volunteer organization that provides a safe and reliable escort after dark for any person on the University of Guelph campus and helps maintain the safety of the University community. The service is available seven days a week from 7:30 pm to 2:30 am.
Created in 1991, the University of Guelph SafeWalk program has proven to be a useful and beneficial program to the University of Guelph community. The University of Guelph SafeWalk team is a CSA service dedicated to providing students, staff, faculty and visitors on campus with a safe and reliable accompaniment to their destinations after dark, and helping to maintain the safety of the University community. SafeWalk volunteers contribute positively to their University community while having the chance to develop their life skills and meet new people. Social team events and skills development sessions are offered to all SafeWalk volunteers.
Mission Statement - All our members share the same values:
- Reliability: We are conscientious, professional, responsible and dependable in dealing with each other and our community.
- Integrity: We are truthful and open in our interaction with each other and the public. We are honourable, trustworthy and strive to do what is right.
- Respect: We treat everyone in an impartial, equitable, sensitive and ethical manner because we value ourselves, each other and members of our communities; showing understanding and appreciation for our similarities and differences.
Program Coordinator, Bailey Cripps - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; 4:00pm - 7:00pm
- Tuesday: 4:00pm - 5:00pm
- Wednesday: 2:30pm - 4:00pm
- Thursday: 4:00pm - 5:00pm
- Friday: By Appointment
Volunteer & Public Relations Coordinator, Tyler Poirier - email@example.com
- Mondays: 12:00pm - 2:30pm; 3:30pm - 4:30pm
- Wednesdays: 12:30pm - 2:30pm
- Thursday: 11:00am - 1:00pm
- Friday: 10:00am - 12:30pm
Phone: 519-824-4120 x54845
Location: University Centre 245