Guelph Student FoodBank
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE GUELPH STUDENT FOODBANK HAS LIMITED CAPACITY. IF AN INTAKE FORM IS RECEIVED WHEN THE SERVICE IS AT CAPACITY, THE APPLICANT WILL BE NOTIFIED THAT THEY HAVE BEEN ADDED TO A WAIT LIST. STUDENTS EXPERIENCING A FOOD EMERGENCY ARE ASKED TO REVIEW THE LIST OF ADDITIONAL RESOURCES ON OUR WEBSITE AND/OR REACH OUT TO FOODBANK@UOGUELPH.CA FOR MORE INFORMATION
In an effort to combat hunger and poverty on campus and in the greater Guelph community, the Guelph Student FoodBank provides undergraduate and graduate University of Guelph students access to emergency food, anti-poverty resources, and referrals to other food security, anti-poverty and financial assistance groups. This service is always confidential.
What We Are: The Guelph Student FoodBank, started and funded by students, began in the Fall of 2004. Since then we have seen the scope of our work increase dramatically as the real and often hidden issues of hunger and impoverishment become more evident. We have helped hundreds of people in need and held a series of events that focused on raising awareness about and resistance to poverty and hunger in our communities. With more than 1200 students accessing emergency food services in the community, the need for the Guelph Student FoodBank couldn’t be greater.
Hours of Operation
- By Appointment Only: University of Guelph students can begin the registration process by filling out our virtual Intake Form. Once the request is processed, visitors will receive regular emails regarding appointment bookings.
- The Guelph Student FoodBank has regular annual closures:
- Summer closure: Closed from Monday, August 7, reopening on Monday, August 21st
- Location: 620 Gordon Street
- Phone: 519 824 4120 x52561
- Coordinator: Jude Akrey, firstname.lastname@example.org
→ For additional resources & support, please refer to the Guelph Emergency Food Access guide.
All current undergraduate and graduate students who are in need of emergency food are eligible to use our services. The Guelph Student FoodBank provides a maximum of 30 items per registered UofG student per month; visits are limited to 2 per month.
Please fill out the Intake Form to sign-up for service and receive your visitor number.
→ For information on Funding, please see the Funding Application page.