Guelph Student FoodBank
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE GUELPH STUDENT FOODBANK IS NOW AT CAPACITY. INTAKE FORMS RECEIVED AFTER 10/4/2022 WILL BE KEPT ON A WAITING LIST. STUDENTS EXPERIENCING A FOOD EMERGENCY ARE ASKED TO REVIEW THE LIST OF ADDITIONAL RESOURCES ON OUR WEBSITE AND/OR REACH OUT TO FOODBANK@UOGUELPH.CA FOR MORE INFORMATION
In an effort to combat hunger and poverty on campus and in the greater Guelph community, the Guelph Student FoodBank provides graduate and undergraduate University of Guelph students access to emergency food, anti-poverty resources, and referrals to other food security, anti-poverty and financial assistance groups. This service is always confidential.
What We Are: The Guelph Student FoodBank, started and funded by students, began in the Fall of 2004. Since then we have seen the scope of our work increase dramatically as the real and often hidden issues of hunger and impoverishment become more evident. We have helped hundreds of people in need and held a series of events that focused on raising awareness about and resistance to poverty and hunger in our communities. With more than 1200 students accessing emergency food services in the community, the need for the Guelph Student FoodBank couldn’t be greater.
Hours of Operation
- By Appointment Only: University of Guelph students can begin the registration process by filling out our virtual Intake Form. Once the request is processed, visitors will receive regular emails regarding appointment bookings.
- Please note that the Guelph Student FoodBank is currently at capacity. Intake forms received after February 3, 2022 will be kept on a waiting list until normal operations resume.
The Guelph Student FoodBank has regular annual closures:
- End of semester closure: Closed April 24 to May 5; reopening Monday, May 8th
- Summer closure: Closed July 29 to August 5, 2022; reopening Monday, August 8th
- Winter Reading Week: Closed February 20 to 24; reopening Monday, February 27th
- Location: 620 Gordon Street
- Phone: 519 824 4120 x52561
- Coordinator: Alanna Wyllie, firstname.lastname@example.org
→ For additional resources & support, please refer to the Guelph Emergency Food Access guide.
All current undergraduate and graduate students who are in need of emergency food are eligible to use our services. The Guelph Student FoodBank provides a maximum of 30 items per registered UofG student per month; visits are limited to 2 per month.
Please fill out the Intake Form to sign-up for service and receive your visitor number.
→ For information on Funding, please see the Funding Application page.