Each year, the Central Student Association Executive and Board members are elected to an office term of one year from May 1 to April 30. As a full-time or part-time undergraduate student at the University of Guelph, you are a member of the Central Student Association and you have the responsibility of electing your CSA Executive and Board members.
Each Winter semester, the following Executive and Board positions are elected:
4 total. Full-time paid positions, and open to any undergraduate student.
- One (1) President
- One (1) Vice-President Student Experience
- One (1) Vice-President Academic
- One (1) Vice-President External
Board of Directors
14 total. Part-time volunteer positions, and open to any current undergraduate student.
Each Board member works under the consideration of the CSA welfare, image, and mandate, to defend and protect the rights and interests of students. Board members assume the fiscal and moral responsibilities inherent in being a Director of a not-for-profit corporation and must be prepared and informed; ready to participate in all major decisions made by the organization. As such, Directors have a huge influence across campus, and beyond, making decisions that affect the quality and type of campaigns (around tuition fees, anti-oppression, etc.), services, and events offered by the students’ association. In this way, Directors also help to shape and build the students’ movement!
- Two (2) College of Arts (COA)
- Two (2) College of Biological Sciences (CBS)
- Two (2) College of Engineering and Physical Sciences (CEPS)
- Two (2) College of Social and Applied Human Sciences (CSAHS)
- Two (2) Gordon S. Lang School of Business and Economics
- Two (2) Ontario Agricultural College (OAC)
- Two (2) Ontario Veterinary College (OVC)