About the CSA
The Central Student Association is your undergraduate student voice on campus and is a semi-autonomous, not-for-profit organization. We advocate for and represent your collective interests, bringing the student voice to decision-makers on campus and in our community. We also provide a number of programs and services to enhance your student experience and save you money. The Association consists of an elected Executive, a Board of Directors, permanent and student staff, and volunteers.
The CSA is run by students for students. We:
- Represent and amplify the voice of undergraduate students at the University of Guelph, particularly to decision makers;
- Provide practical services that improve students’ lives and save them money;
- Contribute to a positive atmosphere of acceptance, inclusion, belonging and safety on campus;
- Support students to organize around issues they care about, including through clubs and campaigns;
- Organize events that make university life even more fun;
- Create rewarding employment and volunteer opportunities for students as a result of being a student-run organization; and
- Serve as a central coordinating body for undergraduate student association representatives.
Our Indicators of Success
The CSA knows it is doing a great job when:
- Students want to engage with the CSA. They know what the CSA does and are to be involved;
- Executive members represent students accurately and confidently, based on knowledge of what students want that comes from having consulted meaningfully with them;
- The CSA provides services that students use;
- Advocacy on students’ behalf is effective in achieving its goals; and
- The CSA has structures and active processes in place to ensure accountability.
The CSA is committed to:
- Proactive engagement with students;
- Representing all students accurately and effectively;
- Staying relevant and valuable to students;
- Excelling at communication;
- Behaving in a constructive and professional manner;
- Paying attention to the unique history and culture of this university;
- Modelling organizational excellence, including unified leadership and trusted financial management; and
- Promoting acceptance, inclusion, safety and a sense of belonging at the University of Guelph.