Student Bus Pass

The students have spoken and the results of the F21 Student Bus Pass Referendum are in! Click here for the full breakdown and more information.

Since 1995, the Central Student Association and the Graduate Student Association have negotiated a bus pass that offers unlimited access to Guelph Transit at a significantly lower rate than the public. Each renegotiation of the UPass is voted on by the student body. With transit routes spread throughout the city, students can make any neighbourhood their home. The CSA / GSA Transit Committee works with Guelph Transit to ensure service routes and schedules are reflective of students’ needs. Bus passes are available to both part- and full-time students enrolled in on-campus courses.

Fall 2021 Updates

What happened to our bus pass?
We currently don’t have one. This is due to our previous contract with Guelph Transit expiring on April 30, 2021. For more information, please click here.

Will we have a bus pass in the future?
The Central Student Association (CSA) and Graduate Students’ Association (GSA) have negotiated a new contract for you to vote on via a Fall 2021 referendum. If a majority of students vote in favour of a Bus Pass this October, UPass service will begin on January 1, 2022. Click here to learn more about referendums.

What if we need to use the bus this fall?
There are a few options for you to consider depending on your needs! Guelph Transit is offering students a post-secondary semester bus pass for $272 (valid from August 23 to December 31, 2021), a monthly pass for $80, single ride e-tickets at $2.80, or $3.00 for cash fare.

Where can I buy Guelph Transit passes?
For purchasing details, click here for Guelph Transit's info page for post-secondary students.

→ Questions or concerns? Please reach out to your CSA VP External at!

Last Updated:
Monday, September 27th, 2021 1:43 PM