Student Help and Advocacy Centre
Service Interruption —
All SHAC in-person services are currently suspended until further notice. However, our staff is available remotely via email to assist by appointment; scroll down for our Virtual Office Hours or email email@example.com to schedule an appointment.;
SHAC is a student-run advocacy & referral center that provides a safe space for students to ask questions and get information.
- Provide referrals and advocacy services on walk-in or appointment basis. Some of the issues that our services focus on include: academic, financial, housing/tenancy, human rights, legal, and university processes.
- Offer free legal aid services during the fall and winter semesters with a lawyer who holds office hours once a week.
- Assist students in a confidential and compassionate manner to provide them with the information they need.
- Strive to help as many people as possible in finding the resources they need to be successful in their endeavors.
- Provide student-to-student support that is inclusive and equitable for all individuals.
Virtual Office Hours
The SHAC office is currently closed to in-person appointments; instead, Virtual Office Hours will be hosted via Microsoft Teams. Please see below for more details, including access links for each day. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
SHAC Office hours are reduced during exams; check back in the new year for our Winter 2021 virtual office hours!
- Monday: 11:30am - 2:30pm with Rashmeet
- Tuesday: 1:30pm - 1:30pm with Krista
- Wednesday: 4:30pm - 7:30pm with Krista
- Thursday: 10:30am - 1:30pm with Krista
- Friday: 10:30am - 1:30pm with Liaba