Guelph Student FoodBank
Service Interruption —
The Guelph Student FoodBank is currently operating by appointment only.
Once you complete the virtual Intake Form, you will receive an email with instructions on how to obtain an appointment.
In an effort to combat hunger and poverty on campus and in the greater Guelph community, the Guelph Student FoodBank provides graduate and undergraduate University of Guelph students access to emergency food, anti-poverty resources, and referrals to other food security, anti-poverty and financial assistance groups. This service is always confidential.
What We Are: The Guelph Student FoodBank, started and funded by students, began in the Fall of 2004. Since then we have seen the scope of our work increase dramatically as the real and often hidden issues of hunger and impoverishment become more evident. We have helped hundreds of people in need and held a series of events that focused on raising awareness about and resistance to poverty and hunger in our communities. With more than 1200 students accessing emergency food services in the community, the need for the Guelph Student FoodBank couldn’t be greater.
Hours of Operation
- By Appointment Only: Once you fill out our virtual Intake Form and receive your visitor number, you will be sent a weekly email with a sign-up form for the following week's appointment bookings.
- Closed for appointments for the week of August 3rd - August 6th. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for alternate emergency food provision.
The Guelph Student FoodBank has regular closures annually during the following periods:
- Winter Closure: Closed December 20, 2021 to January 7, 2022; re-opening January 10, 2022
- Spring Closure: Closed April 25, 2022 to May 3; re-opening May 6, 2022.
- Location: 620 Gordon Street
- Phone: 519 824 4120 x52561
- Coordinator: email@example.com
- Assistant Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, the Assistant Coordinator email is monitored less regularly during the Summer semester, please email the FoodBank Coordinator for urgent inquiries.
→ For additional resources & support, please refer to the Guelph Emergency Food Access guide.
All current undergraduate and graduate students who are in need of emergency food are eligible to use our services. The Guelph Student FoodBank provides a maximum of 30 items per person in the family per month; we do not have a limit on the number of visits to our service, so visitors may take items as they are needed.
Please fill out the Intake Form to sign-up for service and receive your visitor number.
→ For information on Funding, please see the Funding Application page.