The Bike Centre
The Bike Centre is a do-it-yourself bike repair shop
This service offers access to the tools, parts, and training necessary for bicycle maintenance, along with a team of volunteers that are available to assist users and facilitate learning. Workshops are hosted by experienced technicians who educate and create awareness about bicycle maintenance and safety and address bicycle-related oppression issues.
Hours of Operation
Bike Centre Summer Hours
Hours Starting Monday, May 27th
Thursday 12-4:30 & Rainbow Bike Workspace 5-8
- Tuesday 5-8
- Thursday 5-8
- Gone biking. See you in September!
- Coordinator: email@example.com
- Repair Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteer Coordinator: email@example.com
- Phone: 519-824-4120 x52585
- Location: 620 Gordon Street
Volunteers, We Want You! The Bike Centre is a safe, inclusive space to network with fellow cyclers and learn about bicycles and bike repairs.
Current volunteer duties include:
- Assisting patrons with bicycle repairs and tune-ups
- Learning bicycle repairs from fellow volunteers and coordinators
- Reorganizing parts to make them accessible for use/purchase
- Sprucing up the interior of the centre to increase visual appeal and comfort
- Helping to plan next semester’s promotion campaign and cycling events.
Volunteer drop-in time is flexible, though a one-hour minimum shift per week is preferred!
A half-hour volunteer orientation and one anti-oppression workshop are required to become a certified volunteer.
If this opportunity turns YOUR crank, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Respect RBW hours by not attending them. If this is not a space that you find yourself in need of, then please choose to come during other service hours of the Bike Centre.
- Be aware of the ways you interact with all individuals at the Bike Centre. Creating a positive anti-oppressive environment is everyone’s work.
- Help to normalize consent culture (ask people if they want help -- don’t take over for them!) and proper pronoun usage.