Service Interruption: All CSA Services programs & events are suspended until further notice; for latest updates and contact information, click here.

Bus Pass

If you are a student at the University of Guelph, you have access to the CSA’s Transit Services. The CSA and the GSA have partnered with Guelph Transit in order to create the universal bus pass, which allows you unlimited access to the Guelph Public Transit system. This bus pass is included in your tuition fees for the semester as a compulsory fee, meaning that in order to keep the costs low for all, students may not opt out of purchasing it.

Students at the University of Guelph can use their valid student cards to travel on Guelph Transit. Students must have their bus pass stickers on their student cards in order to use their card as a valid fare for Guelph Transit.

We also liaison with GO Transit and Greyhound on your behalf, providing locations to purchase tickets right here on campus!

Additional Tips for Fall & Winter Distribution:  

  1. Distribution is the easiest way to get your bus pass.
  2. The shortest lines in PCH are during class times. Avoid the in between classes rush! 
  3. In PCH students line up based on their last name. 
  4. The books are printed the night before; if you registered for classes late your name might not be in the book but we can still help you! 
  5. Please remove your old bus sticker before you get to the table. 
  6. CO-OP and DE students can purchase the bus pass at the CSA office (you don't have to go to PCH). 
Questions? Email


For up to date information on transit schedules and maps, visit Guelph Transit.

Undergrad Student Bus Pass Referendum (Winter 2016)


The Universal Bus Pass (UPass) provides students with unlimited access to Guelph Transit and has been provided to all University of Guelph undergraduate students since 1995 and graduate students since 2000. In 2010, students voted in favour of the mandatory fee which required that all students paid into the program to ensure the service. The current agreement will expire in April 2016 and a new five-year agreement has been negotiated between Guelph Transit and the Central Student Association (CSA) and the Graduate Students' Association (GSA). In order to continue to offer the UPass, an increase in prices is required to address increases in operating costs, mandatory AODA compliance, and to continue providing student express routes.


Do you support the continuation of the Universal Bus Pass (UPass) and increasing the semester fee by $50.00 over 5 years (15 semesters), applicable to all full time and part time undergraduate students according to the fee schedule?

In Winter 2016, the Undergrad Student Bus Pass Referendum was passed. 

Fee Schedule

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021

Summer: $7 increase

Price: $100 to $107

Winter: $0 increase

Price: $115

Winter: $0 increase

Price: $125 

Winter: $0 increase

Price: $135

Winter: $0 increase

Price: $145

Winter: $0 increase

Price: $150

Fall: $8 increase

Price: $107 to $115

Summer: $2 increase

Price: $115 to $117

Summer: $2 increase

Price: $125 to $127

Summer: $2 increase

Price: $135 to $137

Summer: $2 increase

Price: $145 to $147


Fall: $8 increase

Price: $117 to $125

Fall: $8 increase

Price: $127 to $135

Fall: $8 increase

Price: $137 to $145

Fall: $3 increase

Price: $147 to $150



Frequently Asked Questions

Q 1: Is there a grace period?

The grace period lets you use your student ID only to ride the bus and is in effect during semester transitions.

Q 2: How long is my bus pass valid?

Your semester bus pass will carry forward until the end of the grace period the following semester; ie. your Fall 2019 sticker will be valid until the end of the grace period for Winter 2020 - January 10, 2020.

Q 3: What happens if I lose my bus pass?

If you lose your bus pass, you will have to pay for a replacement at a pro-rated price.

Q 4: What if my card gets confiscated?

Student cards may be confiscated by bus drivers if they believe the card to be fraudulent or the person to be attempting to misuse the system. This includes using old stickers, using a card with no sticker, or using someone else’s student ID. These confiscated cards are given to campus police every business day, and campus police will attempt to contact card owners before shredding the cards. The CSA treats these matters as a lost student card.

Q 5: Lost and Found

Lost student cards found on Guelph Transit buses are sent to Student Client Services in the University Centre. Confiscated student cards are sent to the Campus Police office. For all other lost items, please contact Guelph Transit or 519-822-1811. Please remember that Guelph Transit is not responsible for items lost on the bus.

Contact Information

Questions about Undergraduate distribution, fees, or alternate pick up times?

  • Email:
  • Phone: 519-824-4120 x56376
  • Location: CSA Office, UC Level 2

Questions about Graduate distribution, fees, or alternate pick up times? 

  • V.P External:
  • Phone: 519-824-4120 x56685/53314
  • Location: GSA Office, UC Level 5

 Transit Routes, Complaints or general service inquiries? 

  • Guelph Transit: Administration Office open Monday to Friday: 8am to 4pm. Closed statutory holidays
  • Phone: 519-822-1811
  • Email:
  • TTY: 519-837-5731
  • Fax: 519-822-1322