How to Get a walk
You can request a SafeWalk through the following methods:
- Dial x53200 from any on-campus telephone
- Call from a personal device by calling the University of Guelph phone number (519-824-4120) and then the extension (x53200)
- Push the SafeWalk button on any payphone on-campus
- Press the talk button on any Emergency Pole and ask the University of Guelph Campus Community Police dispatcher for a SafeWalk
- Approach any SafeWalk team of volunteers walking around campus at night.
What are your hours of operation? We run from 7:30 pm until 2:30 am every night with the exception of the break between semesters and the summer semester. SafeWalk operates on reduced hours during the first month of each semester, with the service available from 9:30pm-1:00am each night. Follow SafeWalk’s Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts for updates on when regular hours resume.
What are your boundaries? SafeWalk operates anywhere on campus, including the Ontario Veterinary College, the Arboretum, and to the end of the cow path. We ask that if any person needs a walk off-campus, they send us a request in advance via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to accommodate their needs.