This is YOUR Central Student Association. We advocate for and represent your collective interests, provide a number of services to support your success, and run events to enhance your student experience. Click here to learn more!
Executive Office Hours
You can find the CSA executive staff in Branion Plaza from 2:30-5:30 every Wednesday over the summer (weather dependant).
Our executive also hold hours in the University Centre Courtyard! Feel free to stop by for a chat during the times listed below:
Shaima Alam, CSA President, every Tuesday from 12:30pm-2:30pm
Junpyo (Jun) Lee, CSA VP Academic, every Friday from 11:30am-12:30pm
Samar Tariq, CSA VP External, every Monday 12:30pm-2:30pm
What Your Executives are Working on
If you have concerns, thoughts, or questions that you want raised on these topics, please reach out to us during our office hours listed above or through our emails. For a full picture of our portfolio check out our about us page. At the end of each month we provide updates on what we've accomplished on our Instagram!
Shaima - CSA President
- Continue outreach activities, like Frank Fridays, but release with our new branding looks. Stay tuned!
- Negotiating our Bullring lease renewal with UofG Administration and advocating for longer and equitable terms.
- Programming and promotional items development for HoCo, O-Week, Fall 2023, and CSA BBQ.
Jun - VP Academic
- Review and advocate student's late payment fee appeals as a voting member of the Late Payment Fee Appeals Committee.
- Revisit learning points from the conference with the Canadian Federation of Students and advocate student rights to admin.
- Attending Student Leader Training series: Introductory Transition Session, Community Development & Relationship Building, and Foundations of Leadership.
Samar - VP External
- The Sustainability Action Fund’s terms of reference to ensure student security.
- Populating all student spaces on campus with Tap-In! campaign and information material.
- Creating an external resource bank for undergraduate students who are struggling financially, looking for a place to live, seeking emergency food resources, or otherwise are seeking guidance for various cases which fall outside the purview of the university and union.
Services and Initiatives
Your CSA provides a wide range of services and initiatives to enhance the undergraduate experience on campus! Click on any of the services below to learn more about their offerings.
Please Note: Some services are operating in a remote or hybrid capacity in the summer.