Gryphon Park 2019
Guelph, are you ready? Saturday, September 28th from 11:30AM-5:30PM we're hosting a huge party on Johnston Green! Live screening of the Homecoming game, OJ the DJ spinning tunes all day, Making Box as your hosts, and a free jumbo hot dog & drinks with your Student ID!
- Free Hoco swag to the first 500 students on site
- Sponsors onsite with contests and prizes, including a $3000 dorm makeover from Durex and huge money-grab coupons from DoorDash
- OJ the DJ (@OJTHEDJ) will be spinning tunes all day
- The Making Box will bring their improv and comedy to the stage as hosts for the event
- SURPRISE guest to be announced
- Barbers on site shaving the gryphon logo onto fans
- Free Gryphon non-permanent tattoos
- Photobooth with the Gryphon logo
- FREE jumbo hotdog & drinks to all UoG students (with student ID)
- Food trucks to satisfy your munchies including Frying Dutchman, Ice Cream, and Sweet Temptations. Cash/Debit/Student Card accepted
- Sports and party games on-site including ping pong, corn hole, competitive football games, arcade sports games, and obstacle courses
- Free portable charging zone and chill space
- Free Guelph Transit rides ALL DAY
Tickets are on sale now for the Homecoming game! You can buy tickets here.
Did you know that 97.9% of registered parties since 2015 have been ticket free? Reduce your risk of receiving a summons to court by registering your Homecoming party for FREE!
As part of Homecoming Party Registration you will participate in a party consultation with the Off-Campus Living team, get a delivery of goodies from the Off-Campus Living team, and get an extra waste bag collection by the City of Guelph on the Monday after Homecoming! In your consultation, you will find out about party tips for reducing your chances of receiving neighbourhood complaints, and get tips on how to best interact with City of Guelph representatives, like By-law Officers and Guelph Police officers, if they attend the party in response to neighbourhood concerns.
The Party Registration Program is a collaborative program between the University of Guelph and the City of Guelph with the goal of making the City of Guelph a more neighbourly place to live for everyone.
Register your party here.
- - - - -
Note that this year Police and Bylaw have communicated that they will be issuing summons to court rather than tickets. Register your party to find out how you can decrease your chance of receiving an infraction!
The Gueph Police Service and the City of Guelph By-law Office have communicated that rather than issuing tickets on Homecoming, they will be issuing summons to court for offences like nuisance parties, noise, public urination, underage drinking, and drinking in public. What does it mean to get a summons to court?
- The offender will be given a summons that provides a court date
- On the court date the offender will appear before a Justice of the Peace to answer to the charge
- The offender may plead guilty and be sentenced (sentencing can range up to $2,000 or up to 6 months in jail, or a combination), or, the offender may dispute the charge and receive another court date for a trial
|Gryphon Park 2019 - Poster (PDF)||265.08 KB|