To become or remain a CSA Club you are required to complete the accreditation application each semester, by the posted deadline. This deadline is typically by the end of the first month of each semester, and will be posted online plenty of time in advance. Failure to complete accreditation requirements and the accreditation application by the posted deadline will result in denied accreditation status.
Winter 2020 Accreditation Application Deadline is Friday, February 14th at 11:59pm. The form will open on Monday, January 20th following the mandatory clubs general meeting.
For Active CSA Clubs (accredited in the previous semester):
- Please have the primary contact for your club log in to your club's GryphLife page, there will be a blue bar at the top of your organization's homepage asking them to complete the registration process.
- If your primary contact needs to be updated on GryphLife you can do this through the manage roster page. There is a how to document to walk you through this process found under "files" at the bottom of this page. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask them to change the primary contact for you.
For New CSA Clubs and Inactive CSA Clubs (not accredited in previous semester):
- New clubs need to set up a meeting with the Clubs Administrative Coordinator by coming in during office hours or emailing email@example.com to set up an appointment. You will need to have all accreditation documentation prepared before you are given permission to set up a GryphLife page.
- If your club has been accredited in the past, but is inactive, you will need to contact the Clubs Administrative Coordinator to reactivate your club's GryphLife page so that you will be able to access the form.
- Please ensure to submit only one accreditation application per club. If a mistake occurs on your application contact the Clubs Administrative Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You MUST have a GryphLife account to access the accreditation form. Only the primary contact for the GryphLife page will be able to access the form.
Required Meetings & Trainings
Clubs General Meeting: Monday, January 20th 5:30PM in UC 442
A minimum of one representative from each club must attend the Clubs General Meeting each fall and winter semester. If you are unable to attend this meeting it is your responsibility to contact the Clubs Administrative Coordinator (email@example.com) no later than 48 hours after the Clubs General Meeting to make alternate arrangements.
We will be reviewing:
- Accreditation Applications
- SRM information
- Clubs Space
- Anti-Oppression/ Inclusivity Training
A minimum of one representative from each club must attend an Anti-Oppression/Inclusivity training session per academic school year. If you have not completed this training yet this academic school year, please contact the Clubs Administrative Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) to have a training session scheduled.
When completing the accreditation process online you will need the required information and documents listed below. Make sure to complete all required documents prior to submitting your accreditation application. Required documents or example documents will be noted in red and can be found at the bottom of this page, under “File Attachments”.
Required Accreditation Application Information / Documents:
- Membership List Document
This list should include the names, @uoguelph.ca emails and positions of each member of your club. You are required to have at least 25 members, 2/3 of which must be undergraduate students of the University of Guelph.
A sample membership list can be found below under “file attachments”.
- Primary Club Contact Information
You are required to have the name and @uoguelph.ca email address for the two main primary contacts for your club. The first of these two contacts will be listed online publicly as the main primary contact for your club
- Booking Officers Information
You are required to have the name and @uoguelph.ca email address for the two booking officers for your club. These two members will be the only ones able to rent equipment or book space on campus
- Financial Officers Information
You are required to have the name and @uoguelph.ca email address for the two financial signing officers for your club. These two members will be the only ones able to withdraw or deposit finances into your clubs banking account.
- External Banking Account Information Form *
If your club uses an external banking account outside of the CSA you must also upload the external banking account information form completed and signed. This form includes your branch name, bank address, transit and account number and two signing officers information and signatures.
This form can be found below under “file attachments”.
- Minimum Internal Banking Account Deposit
As a CSA Club you are required to submit and maintain a minimum of $25.00 balance within your clubs internal banking account to be accredited. If you are a new club, you are required to submit this deposit at the CSA Front Office prior to submitting your accreditation application. It is your responsibility to ensure that your internal banking account includes this $25.00 minimum balance at all times. To ensure your accreditation application is processed correctly, it is strongly recommended that you visit the CSA Front Office prior to the accreditation deadline to ensure your Clubs Balance is at or above the required minimum.
- Up to Date Clubs Constitution/ Charter Document
All clubs must create and continually update a Clubs Constitution or Charter. This must be updated a minimum of every 5 years and should include:
ii.Purpose and mandate
iii.Statement of compliance with all CSA policies
iv.Membership information (how to join, restrictions, membership privileges etc.)
v.List of executive positions and their duties
viii.Procedure for elections
ix.Procedure for constitutional amendments
x. Terms of Member Removal
A sample constitution can be found below under “file attachments”.
- Completed Financial Report Document for the Previous Semester
Your club is required to submit a detailed financial report outlining all income/expenditures your club experienced in the previous active semester. This includes all PDR funding received, all fundraising earnings collected, and any and all purchases. If your club does not experience any financial activity, your document should still outline the current balance of your clubs internal bank account on a monthly basis to demonstrate the lack of financial activity experienced by your club.
A sample financial report can be found below under “file attachments”.
- Proposed Event Timeline and Budget Document for the Upcoming Semester
This can be purely tentative and should reflect accurately what financial support your club expects to receive from outside sources.
A sample budget can be found below under “file attachments”.
- External Contract/Agreement Documents *
If your club has made an agreement with an external organization, signed an external contract or is chapter of a larger organization, we require all official documentation regarding said agreement.
- Clubs General Meeting Attendee(s) Information
Name and Email of club member(s) who attended the Clubs General Meeting for that semester
- Anti-Oppression/Inclusivity Training Attendee(s) Information
Name and Email of club member(s) who completed Anti-Oppression Training with the CSA within the current academic year
Requirements with a * may not be required for your club. For example, you will only need to fill out an external banking account form if your club actually has an external bank account. All other requirements are mandatory except those denoted with a *.