Student Help and Advocacy Centre
Service Interruption —
All SHAC in-person services are currently suspended until further notice. However, our staff is available remotely via email to assist by appointment; scroll down for our Virtual Office Hours or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.;
SHAC is a student-run advocacy and referral center that provides a safe space for students to ask questions and get information.
- Provide referrals and advocacy services on walk-in or appointment basis. Some of the issues that our services focus on include: academic, financial, housing/tenancy, human rights, legal, and university processes.
- Offer free legal aid services during the fall and winter semesters with a lawyer who holds office hours once a week.
- Assist students in a confidential and compassionate manner to provide them with the information they need.
- Strive to help as many people as possible in finding the resources they need to be successful in their endeavors.
- Provide student-to-student support that is inclusive and equitable for all individuals.
Virtual Office Hours —
The SHAC office is currently closed to in-person appointments; instead, Virtual Office Hours will be hosted via Microsoft Teams starting Monday, September 15th. Please see below for more details, including access links for each day. Please email email@example.com for more information.
- Monday: 11:30am - 2:30pm with Liaba
- Tuesday: 1:00pm - 4:00pm with Krista
- Wednesday: 4:30pm - 7:30pm with Rashmeet
- Thursday: 1:00pm - 4:00pm with Krista
- Friday: 11:30pm - 2:30pm with Krista
Drop-In Lawyer —
Contact Information —
SHAC Coordinator - Krista: firstname.lastname@example.org
SHAC Assistant Coordinator - Liaba: email@example.com
SHAC Assistant Coordinator - Rashmeet firstname.lastname@example.org
CSA VP Student Experience: email@example.com
Page updated: October 2020