Student Help and Advocacy Centre
SHAC is a student-run advocacy and referral centre that provides a safe space for students to ask questions and get information.
- Provide referrals and advocacy services on walk-in or appointment basis. Some of the issues that our services focus on include: academic, financial, housing/tenancy, human rights, legal, and university processes.
- Offer free legal aid services during the fall and winter semesters with a lawyer / paralegal who holds office hours once a week.
- Assist students in a confidential and compassionate manner to provide them with the information they need.
- Strive to help as many people as possible in finding the resources they need to be successful in their endeavours.
- Provide student-to-student support that is inclusive and equitable for all individuals.
SHAC Coordinator — Jun
- Mon, Fri 5:00pm – 8:00pm, in-person at UC235
- Available via email at email@example.com
SHAC Assistant Coordinator — Yuha
- Wed, Fri 2:30 pm – 4:30 pm, in-person at UC235
- Available via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
SHAC Assistant Coordinator — Nick
- Tue, Thu 10:30 am – 12:30 pm, in-person at UC235
- Available via email at email@example.com
CSA VP Academic — Mason Friebe | firstname.lastname@example.org
Drop-In Lawyer / Paralegal
Paralegal — Britney Rodgers
- Monday 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm, virtual via Zoom
Meeting ID: 847 3263 0952
Articling Student — Neil MacIsaac
- Wed 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm, virtual via Teams
Give Us Feedback
Tuesday, September 27th, 2022 9:20 AM